In our last post, we discussed how rough roads can, at the very least, cause rough towing and potentially cause damage to the trailer and its components or contents. The RV manufacturers have started using suspension upgrades to improve towing and those upgrades can be available to many existing travel trailer and 5th wheel owners. This post will look at the good, better, and best MORryde upgrades available for your trailer suspension system.
The easiest and simplest upgrade to a leaf spring suspension on a travel trailer or 5th wheel is an upgrade to the steel equalizer which rocks back and forth without any vertical travel. The MORryde CRE3000 is a good upgrade over the stock steel equalizer.
• Uses rubber to cushion shock.
• Has a unique travel slot and provides up to an additional inch of vertical travel.
• Bolts into the same location as the steel equalizer.
• Provides improved, smoother towing.
• Fits with Gross Axle Weight Ratings (GAWRs) between 3500 lbs. and 8000 lbs.
The MORryde SRE4000 offers the next level in towing performance. Its rubber content and additional suspension travel provides the combination of smoother towing and structural strength that is far superior to conventional leaf spring suspensions. Installation is entirely bolt-on and can be achieved in around 3 hours.
• Has 200% more rubber.
• Offers up to 4 inches of vertical travel.
• Easily bolts into place.
• Includes an X-Factor crossmember to strengthen the frame.
• Fits with GAWRs between 5200 lbs. and 7000 lbs.
For the ultimate product in towing performance, nothing matches the MORryde Independent Suspension (I.S.) System. This system features independent wheel travel, up to 5 ½ inches of suspension travel, and increased frame reinforcement.
The I.S. System also:
• Provides exceptionally smooth towing.
• Offers protection of the trailer from damaging road shock.
• Has a greatly reinforced frame.
• Fits axles with GAWRs between 5200 lbs. and 9000 lbs.
The I.S. System can be paired with disc brakes to give smoother, more effective braking. The I.S. System is available from select RV manufacturers or can be installed at the MORryde Service Center.
Please contact our parts department for more information.